All matches are to be played under R&A Rules and Local Rules in Force on the Day
- Each team shall consist of FIVE players with a Handicap Index limit of not more than 24.0 for boys and 30.0 for girls.
- All players must be under 18 years of age on 1st January 2022.
- Caddies may be used but must be under the age of 18 years on the day of the match.
- Junior Girls will play from the red tees. Junior Boys will play from the Yellow or white tees.
- If there is a male/female match handicaps will be adjusted using Congu Guidance on the WHS Rules, Appendix I, IIIC. (Page 40). For singles match play the stroke allowance is 100% of the Course Handicap. In addition, because the players are playing from tees with different Course Ratings, the competitor playing over the higher rated course receives the difference in the CR values added to the Course Handicap after the application of the stroke allowance. eg.
Men Course Rating 67.2 Slope 113 Par 71
Ladies Course Rating 72.0 Slope 129 Par 71
Norman and Norma both have a Handicap Index of 15.0. Their Course Handicaps are 15 and 17 respectively.
In this case Norma receives an upward adjustment of 4.8 strokes (72.0 – 67.2) after the stroke allowance is applied (Rule 6.2b (i)).
Norman’s Playing Handicap = Course Handicap = 15
Norma’s Playing Handicap = Course Handicap + Difference in CR = 17 + 4.8 = 21.8 rounded to 22 Therefore Norma receives 7 strokes for the match.
- The stroke index of whoever is receiving the shots should be used.
- Players with Handicap Indexes above the maximum permitted may play however they must play off the Handicap Index limit above.
- Teams must play in Playing Handicap order with the highest Playing Handicap going out first and the lowest Playing Handicap going out last. Stroke allowance will be the full difference in Playing Handicap.
- If an individual match between two players (as opposed to an overall match between the teams) ends all square on the 18th hole the match will be decided on a ‘sudden death’ basis playing extra holes.There will be no halves.
- Before play commences the team captains must exchange team sheets with the order of play. The order of play will be as the team sheet. Any team failing to field a full team will forfeit the match not played. The opponent of the forfeited match must be in attendance and ready to play in order to claim the match.
- Members of more than one MDGA club can only elect to play for one nominated club in all 2021 MDGA team knockouts.
- A draw will be made for each round. The first named in the draw will be the home side and as such are responsible for arranging the match within the specified schedule. Failure to do so will result in disqualification. BOTH TEAMS should make every effort to open lines of communication on receipt of the draw.
- The HOME TEAM must offer a choice of four dates at least two of which must be either a Saturday or Sunday. The home team are under no obligation to offer any alternative dates to these four dates. The home team will decide on which tees are to be used for the boys i.e white or yellow.
- Extensions to the closing date will not be granted and it is recommended that matches are played as early as possible so as to allow for a re-arranged match in the event of adverse weather conditions and course closures.
- A courtesy round should be offered for each round for a maximum of six players. Arrangements are to be made between the relevant team captains.
- If a match is not completed in the specified time the MDGA Executive will adjudicate.
- The winners must notify the MDGA secretary of the result by text or email by the closing date of each round.
- Should any contingency arise which is not covered by the rules the decision of the MDGA Executive will be final.
Williams BMW Junior Knockout Preliminary Round
Draw to follow 4th Feb 2022